We are very excited to announce that the 2016 GPO’s Annual Convention is coming to Eastern Ontario. It will be held at Calabogie Peaks resort from Friday May 13 to Sunday May 15!
Calabogie Peaks Resort, just one hour west of Kanata, has been described as a "truly authentic country paradise on the mountain, lake and land in the heart of Ontario’s Highlands."
You can register today to take advantage of early bird pricing until April 1, 2016!
The 2016 Calabogie Convention highlights include:
- Location: a great "getaway" venue - with lots of outdoor activities available for the whole family - including campfires, water sports, and hiking!
- Training: looking forward to 2018, CAs collaborating to find best practices, and how we can best engage our support.
- Policy: building our policy and strengthening our organization.
- Food & drinks: as always, delicious meals, snacks and drinks throughout the weekend, including the annual Gala dinner with esteemed speakers on Saturday evening.
- Speakers & more: stay tuned for more details, including our gala dinner keynote speaker.
Here are some other great opportunities to get involved in the Convention process:
- Become a Provincial Executive member! Nominations for the Provincial Executive (PE) are now open. The PE is responsible for the governance of the Green Party of Ontario, similar to a board of directors. The PE sets the strategic goals, annual plan and budget for the party. To put your name forward for a Provincial Executive position, you must submit your nomination by 5 pm on Thursday March 24, 2016. More information & requirements are available here.
- Submit policy! As a member of the GPO, you can now submit policy and constitutional resolutions. Learn more here. Members are encouraged to submit policy resolutions before the draft deadline of March 4, 2016. This will provide time for feedback and updates before the final submission deadline on March 24, 2016. Wondering how to get started? Check out our Resolution FAQ page.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Image: Lydia Nyilasi, 2015 Annual Convention.